I got this as a gift and have to say, what a gift it is! I use it every day and love how well it holds up. I'm going to buy one for a friend's wedding!
Can�t complain. These are pretty good!
I bought this board after reading a bunch of articles that mentioned Acacia wood is one of the best materials for cutting boards. While I don't regret my purchase overall, there are a few things worth noting before you shell out $80+ for this board....
- It's a long grain v. end grain board. Research shows that long grain boards are easier to keep clean and sterile than end grain boards.
- It's beautiful eye candy for home chefs.
- Easy to care for. I oiled it 3 times over the course of a week prior to first usage. Depending on how often you use it, oiling it once/month thereafter should keep it well conditioned.
- Right out of the box, it had a slight warp. It's not wildly noticeable visually, but certainly a board this thick and for this price point shouldn't have that defect.
- Finish. Other reviewers noted that the finish wasn't as clean as it should be for an $80+ board. It was planed, but not sanded well. This was easily remedied by using fine grit, then super fine grit sandpaper with my palm sander. However, consumers shouldn't have to complete the manufacturer's job by finishing the board surface prior to using.
Final verdict - this board is easier on my knives than plastic boards, but for the price point I expected better quality. If you don't mind putting a little bit of work on this board, then click the "buy now" button.
This is an art piece for your kitchen. I used a heavy coat of cutting board lube which brought out incredible grain. This board is rich in color, heavy, and just quality wood. I would recommend this cutting board.
Acacia Wood cutting board is good and chop very great.